Monday, November 09, 2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

Ok, I am absolutely LOVING this weather. I am thrilled that for the last few days it has actually felt like November, and not May. I love the turning of the leaves, the chill in the air that makes you put on your favorite scarf, and the spirit of the holidays hanging in the air. Oh and did I mention how giddy I got when I saw starbucks has busted out the holiday cups?! How can you not be in cheery mood just by looking at it? Have that baby filled with a peppermint mocha and even Scrooge would become jolly. My heart is actually flittering with excitement just thinking about it all. It is hands down my favorite time of year. There's something enchanting about the changing colors on the leaves. I am just in awe of God's artisitc abilities. He never misses a detail.



I had a great weekend with no agenda, which is always nice. I spent Saturday running a few errands, and I decided to actually do one of the projects I've been dreaming about. So I busted out the sewing machine (which needed some MAJOR dusting off) and got to work. I got the idea from the blog Ruffles and Things, she did a t-shirt for her daughter and I thought it was too cute to not do one for myself. A lot of her ideas of J. Crew inspired which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. But their shirts can be a little pricey at times. So I did this one for $10!! All I needed was the shirt. I was going to attatch the pearls to the shirt as well, but I loved them too much to limit them to one shirt :)


I finished my weekend off on Sunday with Church, which was so inspiring. We had a man from India give his testimony and it was so moving. A stroll in the park, and college group Sunday night put me in the best place to start a new week. It was some much needed fellowship and worship time, that I was beyond grateful for. Sometimes I get so wrapped in my day to day routine I loose sight of the small blessings that make huge differences.
"So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ." Romans 10:17
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment