Friday, October 16, 2009

Amazing, God.

I found myself driving the other day, talking myself out of a cranky mood. I was actually praying, asking God to clear my mind and give me peace for the day. As I did this I was reminded of the two kids I used to nanny for.
They were young, 5 and 7 and temper tantrums were a common occurence if naps weren't taken or their favorite toy was snatched by the other. I had developed a way to calm them down. We would take three deep breaths, then we would count our blessings. Usually by the time we got to five they were laughing and smiling, their problems from a few minutes ago gone.
I was really humbled thinking about this. They didn't ask God to take away their troubles, they decided to instead praise God for all of the good things that far outway the bad. Here I was cranky because of this or that, yet I had just come from an amazing fellowship with the girls. I had a meeting at Jessup and its looking like that process is going to be reality in the next few months. I made it home safely in the rain. I was fed and warm.
I decided that I would not pray for God to take this anxiety away, but I praised Him for all of the blessings I take for granted everyday. A big one for me this week, was my drive to work. I complain about my commute more then I should, but as I slowed things down this week, I took the time to see the beautiful pictures God was painting for me on my way home.

This was Monday during the storms. I was amazed at how low the clouds looked
This is by far my favorite view this week, it was on Wed. after the storm was clearing.
This weekend I am attending my cousins wedding. It should be beautiful.

Count Your Blessings.


1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome story, I love it!! It really made my smile!! and slow down in my mind, I needed that. Your story reminded me of the Casting Crowns song "Praise You in the Storm"

    ReplyDelete