Thursday, October 22, 2009

I love you too.

If you haven't heard yet we are reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan in our women's study group, and like everyone else in the group, I am STOKED. We started out with really good intentions with our first book, unfortunately the spark was never there with the un-named book. But before any of us even started Crazy Love we were excited. I truly feel this is a book that is going to grow as women of Christ and sisters in the Lord. For so long I've felt the pull to have a closer relationship with women in my life and I couldn't think of a more awesome group of girls to grow closer to then the ones God has placed in our group!! It's so much easier to make it through the harder moments in life when you have a sister holding your hand, and even more fun to celebrate the highs.



Yesterday at work was rough for me. I had plenty of things to do but nothing that seemed to motivate or inspire me. So for a mental break I turned to the Crazy Love website, http://www.crazylovebook.com/, and watched one of the videos they have. It was called Stop and Think. And in 15 minutes it rocked my world. I know that I have "accepted Christ into my heart as my Saviour" and am forgiven of my sins through God's Son, Jesus, that he gave to us an eternal sacrifice. But seldom do I recognize what a tremendous amount of love that really is. And that without asking for it, it is given to us. Just waiting for us to realize that its there. The creator of the universe is waiting for us to simply say, I love you too.



Last night in growth group we touched on letting God be the Lord of our lives. And how when we stop doing things because we think it will please God, and start doing things because we WANT to please Him, and we WANT to love Him, how much easier our walk becomes. That thought was on my mind while I was watching this video and it all seemed to really click for me. His love is so easy for us to have. And He wants us to have it. That's all He has ever wanted for us. So to embrace that love and the One who gives it to us should be what dictates how we live our lives. Our motivation should stem from that. I was so overwhelmed with a feeling of complete love after this. Our actions for the Lord should be out of love. Our actions toward each other should be out of love. Its a really easy thing to lose sight of, I know I do often, but it should be something we are always coming back to. The love of Jesus Christ. And how we can emulate it in our lives.


God bless you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment